ABOUT ST. PATRICK SCHOOL

Our mission is that everyone in the Saint Patrick School community Encounter Jesus, Grow in Him, and Witness to others through a Christ-centered academic environment.

CONTACT US

(734) 654-2522  |   2970 W. Labo Rd. Carleton, Michigan   |   schooloffice@stpatrick.school

  • Grey Facebook Icon

© 2019 by TABLE Creative Company. 

HISTORY OF

ST. PATRICK CATHOLIC SCHOOL

OUR HISTORY

Fr. Smulders started the first school in the old log church in 1848. In 1867, a combination school/convent building was erected. On January 1868, three Immaculate Heart of Mary (I.H.M.) sisters arrived from their motherhouse to service the spiritual and education needs of our youth. 

The school/convent structure was replaced with separate convent and school buildings in 1909. A school fire on May 30, 1926 destroyed the school. Another school was immediately erected on the foundation of the one which had been burned. This school now holds grades one/two and three/four, the school science lab,a meeting room, school library/art room, music room, and teacher resource room. 

As the school’s enrollment increased, a second building was erected in 1955. This building presently houses grades kindergarten, five/six, and seven/eight, extended day and preschool room, computer room, and the school office. 

The last teaching IHM sister, Sr. Marge Fogarty, left St. Patrick School in 1994. The last religious principal, a Sister of St. Joseph, Sr. Jeanne Lenore Twomey, retired in 1998 and for the first time a completely lay school staff worked under the direction of the pastor. 

On July 1, 2013, St. Patrick Parish - Carleton and St. Joseph Parish – Maybee merged and became Divine Grace Parish. St. Patrick Catholic School now operates in conjunction with Divine Grace Parish administration. 

In 1995 St. Patrick Catholic School was awarded accreditation from MANS (Michigan Association of Non-public Schools).  Our school continues to be monitored through this association with the submission of annual school improvement plans to document school compliance with all regulations and continued school improvement achievements. The latest MANS accreditation renewal included an on-site visit from the Archdiocese of Detroit and was completed during May, 2015.

CONNECT WITH ST. PATRICK SCHOOL

ON FACEBOOK